Who we are looking for
At three years old, we are a relatively young business, but one that is built on many years of industry experience across a diverse range of high profile clients.
We are looking to add someone to our team, with opportunity for them to help influence, shape and grow the business from a development perspective.
The person we are looking for will have a high level of frontend skill and an aptitude for thinking creatively with their development approach – someone who is comfortable pushing the capabilities of systems that might at first appear limiting or opinionated (eg. every CMS, ever!).
Our clients are predominantly within the retail sector, although we regularly collaborate on large projects with other agencies or consultants. These projects can be from any sphere of the web.
Typically you will be working on the following types of project:
- Shopify frontend integrations (and sometimes Wordpress or Statamic)
- Fully bespoke Shopify theme builds and app integration and development
We will make sure you are well looked after and given all the necessary training so that you feel your career is moving in the right direction, on a day-to-day and long-term basis.
Here’s the obligatory short-list of things we’d like you to be doing:
- HTML, Scss, JS (Vanilla and JQuery), PHP, Liquid (or similar; Handlebars, Mustache… ), Git
- Shopify development (if required, training can be provided)
- Using task runners like Webpack, Gulp, Grunt… (we’re not overly fussy)
- Working closely with UX/design team to translate UI into code (any experience here would be a bonus)
We have a culture of helpfulness and kindness in the way we are in the office and with our clients.
We are looking for a proactive person who is consistent in their approach to work and problem solving. Someone who ‘comes alive’ when faced with a problem and has the ability to empathise and consider both the team and client when reaching a solution. Someone who cares about what they do.
Our team is small, but we’re a nice bunch who care about those who we interact with. We believe in being great at what we do, creating an engaging place to work, and delivering genuinely useful and high-end work.
Come and join the gang :)
- Salary from 30 to 40k (Negotiable based on experience)
- Pension scheme
- Annual budget for conferences, training and courses
- Speaking opportunities at our Meetup (Bristol Shopify)
- 22 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (and the Christmas week off too!)
- Non-Christian holidays respected
If you like the sound of this role, please get in touch with your CV and a bit about yourself. If you believe you have the talent to join us, but you’re not sure you meet the job role criteria, drop us an email anyway – we’re happy to answer any questions.
No recruitment agencies please.