We have an exciting oppotunity for a talented, mid-weight front-end developer to join us here at Thought and Mortar. The person we are looking for will have a good understanding of the latest front-end technologies.
You will have the desire to grow as a developer, personally and as part of growing team. Shopify experience is not essential, but we are searching for someone who has an appetite to learn to develop for Shopify.
We will make sure you are well looked after and given all necessary training to make sure your that you feel your career is moving in the right direction, on a day-to-day and long-term basis.
Things you like doing
- Crafting clean and well-thought-out code
- HTML, Scss, JS (Vanilla and JQuery), PHP, Liquid (or similar; Handlebars, Mustache… ), Git
- Shopify and/or Wordpress development
- Using task runners like Webpack, Gulp, Grunt… (we’re not overly fussy)
- Working closely with UX/design team to translate UI into code (any experience here would be a bonus)
- Meeting clients to fully understand who they are and what they are trying to achieve
About Thought and Mortar
We are a Bristol based agency who specialise in providing bespoke e-commerce solutions to online retailers. We have recently become Certified Shopify Experts, and are therefore looking to grow our team to enable us to take on larger projects, while keeping our ever-growing list of existing clients happy.
Currently, we are a small team, but through employing the right people we aim to create a culture of knowledge sharing and learning where people can become an integral part of the team and help shape the way Thought and Mortar grows as a company.
We run the Bristol Shopify Meetup and actively take part in the community (Meetups and conferences) – we would like you to be a part of it too.
What we are offering
- Competitive salary (22-28k)
- 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with an increase of 2 per year
- Conference tickets
- Top notch coffee beans (and tea)
- Pool table and games room
How to apply
To apply for this role please email examples of your work and/or your CV to Ben email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.